December 2, 2015
Purpose of Protocol
The primary purpose of the test is to observe how users interact with the Marketing job board prototype.
A laptop is running with the job board prototype on the desktop. The test coordinator has a notepad for taking notes during the one-on-one interview.
Thank you for agreeing to test the marketing job board today. The program is a new online job and task tracking tool that we are testing at the broker firm. First I will ask you some general questions about yourself. Then I will show you the online user interface. I will observe you using the program and then ask you some questions about your experience. Your feedback will help us to improve the program so it is a valuable tool
Background Information Collection
- What is your name?
- What department do you work in?
- What is your level of education?
- What type of computer do you normally use, PC or Mac?
- How would you describe yourself as a computer user: beginner, intermediate or expert?
- Do you currently use any online cloud services? Which ones?
- Have you ever subscribed to any online software services before today? If so, which ones? Which job or project management system did you use (Salesforce, Asana, etc.)?
- How many hours a week do you use a computer?
Spend a moment reviewing the interface and then we will ask you to try a task on the prototype for evaluation. Imagine today is a normal day that you are working on the computer and doing your usual activities. Take a moment to check the program for updates. Use the areas on the job board management system that you would find most relevant for your workflow.
- What was the most useful part of the program for you?
- What was the most useless part of the program for you?
- What was the most important part of the program for you?
- How often do you think you would check the program during a normal day?
- How would the program be more convenient for you because it uses a browser?
- If you could change the program any way that you wanted, how would you change it?
- Is there anything you would like to add about the usefulness of the program that has not been discussed?
- What was easy for you to find on the program?
- What was difficult for you to find on the program?
- Were the tasks to identify?
- Did the text labels make sense? If not, which areas were unclear?
- Was the most important tasks placed high on the program, or did you have to search for it?
- Was the task descriptions easy to read and/or scan?
- Were the program’s colors in the graphics, text and background visually pleasing?
- Were the font types and sizes attractive?
- With a focus on the job task assigning of the program (Assigning designers and task deadlines), what information did you expect to see and then find on the program?
- With a focus on the broker's notes of the program, what information did you expect or hope to see but did not find on the program?
- With a focus on the social networking portions of the program, what information did you expect or hope to see but did not find on the program?
- Is there anything you would like to add about using the job board program that has not been discussed?